Thursday, January 20, 2011

One pain in the thumb later

I have a dirty little secret. As much as I knock art (despite the fact that I am, in fact, an artist) I am actually enjoying drawing again. Shhh. Don't tell anyone. I was hoping that dusting off my art skills and putting myself to the test would rest my mind on the ever growing concern that my artistic abilities were swirling madly down the drain of life. Ever since having kids, art has been the last thing on my constantly growing 'To Do' list. Oh, occasionally I'll whip out my art pad to help the family or friend in need of something artsy. But that's about it. I thought that forced art would be a drain on my brain and a thorn in my side. My brain in coping just fine. I do, however, seem to be experiencing some fairly annoying pain in my thumb due to the small canyon sized crack that has developed from holding my pencils. Anyhow, you can imagine the surprise I felt the past two weeks when I looked at the clock to see 2:00 a.m. on it because I have been so involved in my drawing. Are they masterpieces? No, no, no. Of course not. How naive do you think I am? But I am enjoying it. Not to mention I'm enjoying the countless episodes of Smallville that I drool over while I'm sketching away. It's not that I think Tom Welling is the hottest Superman to date, I just really appreciate his well sculpted body. You know...purely from an artistic point of view. *wink* I added a close up this week of a part of the drawing just to throw in a little difference. May I introduce my Weekly Creature Feature week #2:

No comments:

Post a Comment